Back and Ready to get serious

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Back and Ready to get serious

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:54 am

I have been off the wagon for quite some time and am ready to get serious again. I am starting mary's mini on Monday morning. I have decided not to weigh in this time as I am mostly focusing on my blood sugar and PCOS. I hope to contribute regularly.
CraftyeLadye

Postby Letha.. » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 am

Welcome back CraftyeLadye. I’ve been on and off plan numerous times over the years and find it gets easier every time. Each time we bring some memories of what worked before and what our favorite McDougall foods might be. I know you’ll do great. :)
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby toadfood » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 am

Welcome back! I remember your great success using Mary's mini in the past. I have type II diabetes and PCOS and have seen great improvements, mostly following MWL with some regular McD.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:32 am

Letha,

I was just looking at your before and after pics, wow you are doing so great. I know I have gained about 20 pounds back, but have no scale and plan to go by how my clothes fit me. I am still down to a 22/24 from a 30/32, so I still consider that good. Did you weigh in the beginning or did you just have a general idea how much you weighed?

You are so inspiring to me. Now I just need to get these blood sugars out of the 300's. I know it will take a week to get back down to the low 100's just like last time. Thanks so much for the welcome back.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks Toadfood I plan to stick with the mini I am also celiac (gluten allergic) so limited that way too. I am hoping that by losing more weight and continuing to heal from the celiac I can finally get pregnant again I have been trying for a few years now.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby Letha.. » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 am

CraftyeLadye wrote:Letha,

I was just looking at your before and after pics, wow you are doing so great. I know I have gained about 20 pounds back, but have no scale and plan to go by how my clothes fit me. I am still down to a 22/24 from a 30/32, so I still consider that good. Did you weigh in the beginning or did you just have a general idea how much you weighed?

Thanks CraftyeLadye. Yes, I weighed in the beginning. I know exactly what my starting weight was. Here is a link to my weight loss statistical history.

http://mcdougallstats.wordpress.com/

I did MWL last year but now I’m doing Mary’s mini eating rice/lettuce/apples with a little dressing and soy sauce.

It's good that you are still down in a size 22/24. I'm looking forward to wearing that size myself down the road a bit. :)
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby CraftyeLadye » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 am

It's definitely good I am still in that size because I gave away all of my old larger sized clothes. My problem with the weigh in is that one my apartment doesn't seem to have a level ground anywhere in it and two every time I get a scale it doesn't work for longer than a month grr.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

welcome

Postby merriweather » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Welcome Craftye Ladye, love your avatar. I am a cat person, I guess.
Good luck with weight loss, and with the baby.
My sugars have responded very well to this plan. Hope yours do as well. You will feel so much better, well, I guess you know that if you have done this before.
Letha said each time she tried, and quit, she still picked up something that stayed with her. Then this time she stayed altogether. SOOOO inspiring.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby sksamboots » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Glad your here..I hope you'll check in with us daily..We started a thread for those of us that are doing Mary's mini....

http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewt ... 9&start=60
sksamboots

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks Merriweather I know my sugars will respond quickly since they did last time. I reread MWL last night and it just reinforced what I already knew from doing this before. Luckily it's only been since January since I quit the program.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:21 am

sksamboots I will start checking in on Monday when I begin. Thanks.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:19 am

I didn't think it had been that long. I'm glad you stepped back on the path to health. This isn't the easiest time of the year to do it, but guess what, I started my journey mid October, I think it was 2005. I just made my mind up "Faith you are changing" and did it, albeit, slowly and with mistakes but I always focused on improving. So keep your goal and reasons in mind and you'll keep on going.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby CraftyeLadye » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks Faith. I have been wanting to get back to it, but my latest blood work is what pushed me into making the final decision.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Welcome Back CraftyeLadye!

Postby FaithLady09 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:41 am

Welcome Back!

I know that this time will be different than the last time, because you and I have come back to where we know real health is gained and an awesome support group to help us get to where we need to be through their support.

Again, welcome back! :D :D

FaithLady09
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIpecy7/]
[/url]
FaithLady09

Postby CraftyeLadye » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks so much I am feeling a little yucky this morning because of the dinner I ate last night, but I know I will feel lighter and healthier in such a short time it will amaze me again.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program