diet show

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

diet show

Postby MaryW » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:46 pm

I was flipping channels and saw this horrible diet show. These 2 overweight friends are losing weight together. The show sends them to Curves where they get a diet regimine which is LOW CARB! ARGH!! Two weeks of 20 carbs, then 40-60 carbs til the weight is gone. Hello, Atkins?

All they are talking about is how bad carbs are and how high in carbs fruit is. Apparently bananas are the devil. Whatever! They showed one of the woman at lunch at work, and it looked like she had a couple of slices of deli ham and bags of cut up veggies. Both women complained about being so hungry and crabby. How is this healthy?!?!?!?
MaryW

indeed

Postby merriweather » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:48 pm

you just want to scream "NO" I spent so many years of hunger, and getting my health worse and worse.
Yet the whole low carb line can be presented so well. It is so disheartening.
We just have to spread the word as best we can.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Even without meat

Postby merriweather » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:55 pm

people don't want to give up fat. I had on Ellen. She brought on her personal chef. He cooks vegan for her at home. I thought--oh fun.
Ha, he made this meal with a mock meat roast, gravy made with an entire bottle of wine, and some sort of fake beef flavor, then mashed potatoes with vegan margarine, I don't know, something had olive oil, I just had to turn away. No meat, BUT uck.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 am

hopefully that was just for the show and now how she normally eats. I wish folks (celebrity folks) would represent vegans showing whole grains and veggies and fruits instead of trying to mock SAD.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

problem with lots of vegans

Postby merriweather » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:04 pm

is I think a lot of them do eat the Mock SAD diet. Lots of fat and those funny psudo meat items. As I read some where , you can be vegan and eat potatoe chips, lots of processed junk and still stay vegan.
Yes, I too wish the whole grain, low fat, clean veggies word could get out. I would really love to see Mary on a TV show. If only people could see how well we eat. What truely delicious stuff there is to enjoy.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program