What is your trigger food?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Mommylut » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:17 am

Bread -
Doesn't have to be warm. Doesn't have to be fresh. It could be wonder bread for all I care. If it is bread, made with flour and with yeast, I might as well inject it directly into my veins. It is that much of a drug.
Mommylut

Postby earthnurse » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Pizza with olives and red bell peppers.

Salt!! Evil, evil salt! I can't live without it.

There is an Indian dish (our favorite food) called Samosa Chana Masala, which is a potato and pea stuffed pastry that is fried :shock: and covered with this sauce that has chickpeas and spices in it, and topped with a minty chutney (sauce) and sprinkled with red onion and cilantro!! OH i love it sooo much....It wouldn't be so bad if the samosa wasn't deep fried and the potatoes inside it weren't seasoned with butter and the sauce wasn't prepared with a little butter and oil!!

also, sharp cheddar cheese!

Trigger foods are awful. I have to watch myself that I don't get too hungry or I start thinking about one of these things obsessively!

If i hadn't just had a big bowl of yummy spicy eggplant chili, I'd be trying to think of way to justify eating one of these.....with salt on it to boot!

:oops:
"Don't worry! It's a Racing Snail!"
earthnurse

Postby Melinda » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 am

Dessert!
Melinda

Postby Randrews » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Letha.. wrote:Butter. Real butter. I can eat three times as much of anything with butter on it. I used to put butter on pizza. Butter, margarine, and oil are not even allowed in my house anymore. I will never again have even one molecule of butter. :)
Letha

Same for me, I love potatoes, but only if I can smother them with ungodly amounts of butter. So I don't buy butter anymore and stick to sweet potatoes.
Randrews

Postby gypwytch » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:10 pm

My trigger's are things like bread, crackers, & chips. They have the ability to make my stomach feel like an unfillable pit, and I binge. :(
It's just me.
gypwytch

Postby ncyg46 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm

cheese...tostito scoops...that's it! :D Oh and occasionally Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese..... :(
ncyg46

Postby Potatohead » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:55 am

believe it or not..my trigger is potatoes. thats why I love this program, I can eat as many as I want...I was tired of being told potatoes are bad for you, I followed one plan, where they would allow you 1/2 of a potato :eek: give me a break....thats like dangling a worm in front of a fish....Now I can eat eat eat as many tatoes as I want :D
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Tazi752000 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 am

Bread and country fruit wines. My sister recently finished her baking certification and she makes awesome breads. I can never turn them down.
Tazi752000

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program