Rules for using the scale

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

re: the scale

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh, you guys are so funny. I find it is better to weigh around 11 am on a Sat. am, of course if I am home. If I am not home, well, that is that, isn't it? Then I try on Sunday.

Does anyone here ever watch Ruby on Style Network. This season she was having some problems but they never really said she was going off her diet, but then she weighed herself & she had gained like 33 lbs. So then her roommate Jeff said he had borrowed her scale for a health fair he had done & she said he had broke it. So they decided to "kill" her scale. She kept hitting it with a bat, it was so funny because it just wouldn't "die". It kept talking to her, finally, it spoke it's last words. Maybe that is what we should all do with our scales.

Seriously though, I can weigh myself once an hour all day long & it is different every hour. I used to think that I had to pee, poop, not eat or drink anything but in the long haul, it doesn't matter. I do seem to weigh the least around 11 am. After I eat my breakfast.

Got me laughing tonight.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Starchyme » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:46 pm

You guys are something else! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

And, truth be told, I think it was mostly cause I've done lots of those things!

However, I vowed at the beginning of the month not to weight till Oct. 31st and then report in. So far, so good! But it taint easy!!!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby merriweather » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Debbie, did you remember to put the baby down after nursing? Other than that , it really seems unfair to show a gain after feeding a whole 'nuther human being!! Maybe milk goes out, but the next load fills the space more quickly than one could imagine.
I remember all the women who told me that while they nursed the weight just fell off. Not for me!!
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 am

debbie wrote:Relax all muscles in body that you can and never ever weigh after showering, even if your hair is dry, you woiuld think that washing all the grime and dirt off would take off wieght, but noooooo.
I have before wieghed first thing, then pooped then nursed the baby, without taking ANYTHING by mouth, only to go back to the scale thinking it should be lower now, AND NO, IT IS ALWASY HIGHER!!! :x What is with that???

Deb

it's because being awake adds pounds, that's why. So, weigh in your sleep, after pooping, nursing, peeing, trimming nails and spitting out gum.

:lol:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

OK, I don't even want to know what your sheets look like!

Postby JessNZ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 am

I'm a compulsive first-thing naked weigher myself, and I don't even pay much attention to the results if I haven't pooped.
JessNZ

Postby Daffodil » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 am

Too much information! :eek: :shock: :D
Don't forget if you can't poop, try and fart out a little more air. It helps. :-D
-Amy in NV
-------------
Daffodil

Postby toadfood » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:44 am

Daffodil, you crack me up. :lol:

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program