APRIL '09-MWL-"ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

weigh inand query for travel hints

Postby Riva » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

I am stable this week - no gain or loss.
I am doing well with 100% adherence. By the way, I don't use that term to be annoying but to pump myself up and to set a standard for myself. It inspires me to say it.

There were some challenges this week that I have heard other people speak of. I went to a fund raising luncheon and didn't eat a thing. I felt uncomfortable and hoped no one would say anything. and they didn't.
I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was. Well, practice makes perfect. Next time it won't be as bad.

Tomorrow I am traveling to the East Coast and am worried. I don't eat nuts now and that was what used to keep me: rice cakes, apples, nuts & raisins. Now I don't eat nuts. Yikes. I am going to take WW bread with me instead. Any hints would be helpful.
Riva
Riva

Grumbles . . .

Postby txjack » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

As I feared, my weight has ended up being a + 3.2 lbs. It went up earlier in the week and I wasn't sure why, since I changed nothing with my eating. It actually went up by 5 lbs but did drop back a little by today.

I have chosen to (try) not be be upset with the gain, especially since my blood sugars have done so well, and honestly, while I need to lose much weight, I was doing this for the immediate results for my blood sugars which had gone completely out of control with a change of types of insulin. I had been running almost 500 (484) and taking the max glucophage/metformin XR dosage allowed (4 per day). In less than 2 weeks, I was completely off the pills, and my insulin was dropped by almost half, and now by over half. In fact, last night, I started crashing again and that is after my latest insulin decrease. My reading was 72.

The great part is that this is all happening after taking the info my doctor gave me and doing just the opposite. Yes . . . I am in touch with him and he knows exactly how I am eating.

So, to summarize:
4/01/2009 283.5
4/9/2009 277.0
4/16/2009 271.6
4/23/2009 274.8
up 3.2 lbs for the week
overall total loss is 8.7 lbs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxEU0X7/]
[/url]
txjack

Postby txveggie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:09 pm

TXJack-don't look at the day to day weight lose/gain but look at the 8.7 pounds you lost this past month, that is great! I am a slow loser as well :) but am feeling so much better and had a big reduction in my blood pressure so I focus on those things. Good luck with you weight loss goals.
txveggie

Postby beanie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Thursday Weigh-in

This is my first Thursday weigh-in and I have good news. I lost 5 pounds since last Thursday. I'm keeping on plan, with only one small exception at today's staff potluck, and exercising a lot.

Happy scales to you all!

beanie

Postby MaryW » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello everyone. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week. Congrats to all you losers out there! And everyone else, stay the course! We're on the road to health!

I'm still having some bathroom issues. Lots of gas. I bought some beano, but I keep forgetting to take it. I've used it successfully in the past, so I know it will work for me if I can just remember to take it! : ) And I'm still having trouble setting up an exercise routine. I think that would help my bathroom issues too, not to mention increase the weight loss!

I see some trouble ahead tomorrow. I'm going on a garden tour with my mom and my aunt. My mom is MWL-ing with me. We both have a lot of weight to lose. My aunt has been very thin for years and years. She is one of the people who is always bleating at me to eat more protein. I spoke to my mom this afternoon. We are having a picnic on the tour, which is fine. But she said my aunt has bought all of us veggie wraps from Trader Joes and she will be very hurt if we don't eat ours. Ugh! I know she means well. But still... I plan to nibble on a bit of mine and feed the rest to the dog. Food is such a mine field! But mom and I have discussed which MWL foods we are taking, so we will have plenty of good things to eat. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!
MaryW

Postby topview1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Post a 0 for me... I'm up a bit, but to be expected :D

Tomorrow is on plan and planning to make non McD snacks for those that carry lunches so i stay out of them! I have no problem not touching things that are not McD, but put a McD goodie in front of me and watch out... Question for those that have been doing this for awhile... How do you curb the munchies, where I can just keep eating after supper until I am over full and keep on of whatever is handy, leftovers, even salad? I don't know what is going on, but I seem to stop myself from eating stuff that I don't want/need - last night it was barly cassrole from supper I know Faith mentioned loading up with veggies seemed to help... any other ideas?

Fit 10 everyday, not much more but planning to do more in the warmer weather that is promised. Can't wait to hit the garden :cool: :cool:
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Re: weigh inand query for travel hints

Postby beanie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Riva wrote:Tomorrow I am traveling to the East Coast and am worried. I don't eat nuts now and that was what used to keep me: rice cakes, apples, nuts & raisins. Now I don't eat nuts. Yikes. I am going to take WW bread with me instead. Any hints would be helpful.
Riva

Hi Riva -
Have you seen the Veg Guide? It has listings of a lot of veggie friendly restaurants all over the world. I don't know what section of the East Coast you're traveling to, but here's the link: http://www.vegguide.org/region/2 in case you want to take a peek to see if there's anything good where you're going.
When I travel, I hit the supermarket where I go and get some veggies that don't need refrigerated and things that are easy to snack on like the mini carrots and pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower. Dr. McDougall's soups are probably a good bet too since you can make them in a hotel room with hot water or better yet, in the microwave if your room or lobby has one. Safeway stores on the East Coast carry them pretty regularly.
I hope this helps
beanie

travel

Postby Riva » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Thank you beanie!
I just had a talk with our host and I had to say, no I don't eat eggs three times. She is really trying wonderfully but it is almost like I am saying I eat only galumpishy from the isle of bibleetick. They cannot grasp what I am saying....what about fish, what about eggs what about smart balance.
Sigh....

Riva
Riva

Postby Letha. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 pm

toadfood wrote:Congratulations to all the losers, and congratulations to all those who are staying committed to the plan, even though there are bumps in the road.

Letha, if you are using Ticker Factory for your ticker, there's a button you can click that will make you a graph like mine. I can't take credit for it. :)

Thanks Toadfood. You know how much I like to copy you. 8) Mine really shows how far I still have to go.

Letha.

Letha

Postby Riva » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 am

Love that beautiful downward leaning line.
Riva
Riva

airplane

Postby Riva » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:29 am

Ok, it is 5:25am in Seattle. I am packed. here is what I packed for the plane:
carrots
two Nile split Pea soup cups (no oil!)
crackers - no oil type
2 apples
1 orange
dried pineapple
and my new find: mixed dried vegetables from whole foods: peas, corns, peppers (bell) and tomatoes. Yipee...a vegetable source on the plane. the brand is Just Veggies....pricey but worth it for the occasion.

Talk to from the other coast tomorrow.
Riva
Riva

Re: Letha

Postby Letha. » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 am

Riva wrote:Love that beautiful downward leaning line.
Riva

Made me smile. Thanks. :)

Good job on the preparations for your trip. May you have a safe and pleasant journey Riva.
Letha
Letha.

Postby Letha. » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:58 am

April 09 MWL Group
UPDATED Weekly Weigh-In Results

Total group loss reported in 2009: 575.5 pounds

Total group loss reported in April 2009: 97.05 pounds
Week ending 04/23/09: 21 participants reported a total loss of 22.2 pounds
Week ending 04/16/09: 23 participants reported a total loss of 28.95 pounds
Week ending 04/09/09: 18 participants reported a total loss of 25.0 pounds
Week ending 04/02/09: 23 participants reported a total loss of 20.9 pounds

Participants reporting for week ending 04/23/09. If you reported a gain I listed you as zero lost.

CarolWL: 0
Marlie: 0
Riva: 0
Toadfood: 0
Topview1: 0
Txjack: 0
Txveggie: 0
Cynthiak: 0.5
Felini: 0.5
HealthE1: 0.5
Luvdachiess: 0.8
MelissaB: 0.8
Jackie J: 1
New Dawn: 1.2
Mairead11: 1.5
Faith in DC :1.6
Letha: 1.6
Catherine1305: 2
MaryW: 2.4
Slugmom: 2.8
Beanie: 5
Total: 21.4

====================================

Total group loss reported in March 2009: 109.7
Week ending 03/26/09: 21 participants reported a total loss of 27.4 pounds
Week ending 03/19/09: 22 participants reported a total loss of 18.6 pounds
Week ending 03/12/09: 28 participants reported a total loss of 37.1 pounds
Week ending 03/05/09: 31 participants reported a total loss of 26.6 pounds

Total group loss reported in February 09 is 129.95 pounds
Week ending 02/26/09: 24 participants reported a total loss of 18.8 pounds
Week ending 02/19/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 45.45 pounds
Week ending 02/12/09: 27 participants reported a total loss of 28.6 pounds
Week ending 02/05/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 37.1 pounds

Total group loss reported in January 09 is 238.8
Week ending 01/30/09: 26 participants reported a total loss of 35.0 pounds
Week ending 01/22/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 44.9 pounds
Week ending 01/15/09: 28 participants reported a total loss of 54.6 pounds
Week ending 01/08/09: 31 participants reported a total loss of 104.3 pounds

Total Lost in December 08 = 68.26 reported for the group
Week ending January 1, 2008 – 4 participants: 8.2 pounds lost
Week ending December 25th, 2008 - 5 participants: 6.96 pounds lost
Week ending December 18, 2008- 6 participants: 9.6 pounds lost
Week ending December 11, 2008 - 10 participants: 16.5 pounds lost
Week ending December 4, 2008 - 12 participants: 27 pounds lost[/quote]
Last edited by Letha. on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letha.

Postby Letha. » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:47 am

Good morning all. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. It’s day 14 of the initial phase of my elimination/challenge diet.

Breakfast: Baked Yams, watermelon
Lunch: Brown Rice & cooked carrots
Afternoon Snack: Baked Yams & banana
Dinner: Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes & Green Beans
Beverages: Water, Mint Tea

Tomorrow I start the testing phase of the elimination/challenge diet. The first food I’m going to test and hopefully add back into the menu is cooked onions. I’m looking forward to it. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby Starchyme » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:54 am

Letha, wishing you good results from your testing tomorrow. Maybe you'll get to the culprit and be able to feel a lot better.

By the way, your menu sounds good to me. Not boring at all!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program