FEB '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:22 pm

wendysmiling wrote:I've gained 12 lbs over the last few weeks from 185 to 179 and now 190.
The cravings have been bad with the Cushing's Syndrome and I'm SO bored with my food. I miss beans, which I'm not digesting at present and I'm so weak right now buddy right now. My thinking is really fragmented.

I just popped in to mark a spot as I'm feeling like fading away from the boards, but I don't want to do that. :(

Wendy, I am so sorry you are going through this and I will pray for you every day. I hope you can find the strength to stay with us and let us know how you are doing. Its not necessary that you continue with MWL if that is to hard for you right now, but you are family Hon, and we all love you and would miss you terribly. We totally understand if you cannot make it in here to post much, but please know we will all be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe dear friend. xoxoxoxoxoxox
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Postby topview1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 am

On plan and planning to stay that way!

Good weekend, lots and lots of food with overnight guests for two nights and a big supper at church last night. Since I was in charge, there were plenty of MWL options available :D . Oatmeal and homemade for breakfasts here, and baked potatoes with a meat chili or a bean chili and lots of veggies & salads at church. I ate lots, but all on plan 8)

Goals for the week: Lots of veggies, salads and Fit10 - yesterday was the first workout I missed since the last week of Jan.
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby Bambie113 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 am

I was off plan once over the weekend but did great other than that. And it was just alittle oil in a pee vine dish at a chinese restaurant and a slice of vegan cake.
I feel great today! 120lbs is my ultimate goal in the end but I only look 5 lbs into the future so that my goal can always be reached reasonably fast and I'm soo excited to hit 135lbs, I'm almost positive i weigh that right now! 5 weeks ago I weighed 145lbs, thats just amazing. And then I get to look forward to 130lbs soon. woohoo!
Thanks for all the support everyone, and posting all of your own wins and loses (that motivates me that it works, and reminds me that others struggle too!) I never would have made a week on MWL without this forum.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Mommylut » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:59 am

Still doing quite well. We went out to a turkish restaurant for valentine's day. Not the best, but I had potatoes and veggies. I can feel myself wavering a bit, so if anyone wants to beat me up to get me back in line, please feel free to do so!
Mommylut

Postby Letha » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 am

HealthE1, Good job passing up the strawberry shortcake!

Wendy, I hope you feel better soon.

LauraA, I’m planning to make your soup next week.

LindaC, Congratulations on the 3.6 pounds. I’m so happy for you!

Toadfood, I’m so glad your Valentine’s dinner went well. I know you’ve been planning it for some time.

Melanie, Sounds like you are planning to succeed! Great job of taking care of yourself with the overnight guests and the church supper.

Bambie113, I like your plan of just focusing on the next 5 pounds. Like you, I am very motivated by reading through all the posts on this forum/thread.

I’m doing well. On plan and planning to stay that way. Listening to the Ditty Bops with my cup of herb tea and a fire in the woodstove on this frosty morning. Got a belly full of zucchini oats. Life is good. :)
Letha

hello

Postby Twinkle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 am

Hello everyone,

Wendy we are thinking of you and our houghts and prayers are with you.
Howz everyone else doing?I am not doing as well as I should be ..I have been cheating here and there with the food...the exercise has been good and regular...so my goal for this week is to focus on the right foods...
I am going to start postin my menu's on Roberta's corner and maybe the accountability will help...
I have gained 1.4 pounds since the last weigh in.I do thinks ome of it is bloating since its "the time of the month"...but still..Does anyone else go through this bloating phase with their cycles?Is there anyway to reduce it?

Hace a wonderful week everyone.I will check in again tomorrow.

Twinkle
Twinkle

Postby Letha » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 am

Mommylut wrote:Still doing quite well. We went out to a turkish restaurant for valentine's day. Not the best, but I had potatoes and veggies. I can feel myself wavering a bit, so if anyone wants to beat me up to get me back in line, please feel free to do so!

I’ve found beating up myself (or others) pretty ineffective. It’s counterintuitive, but what’s called for is a heaping helping of self love. A new outfit? A luxurious bubble bath? Some quiet time with a trashy novel? Making a list of all the wonderful things you do for all the people in your life. You DO deserve it. :)
Letha
Letha

Postby Letha » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Twinkle,
I do think my weight loss fluctuates with my hormone levels. Posting a daily menu helps me. Other things I’ve found helpful. Clean all the SAD food out of your house. Have large pots of soups/stews/rice/potatoes cooked and ready to reheat in a flash. Carry healthy meals/snacks with you when you go out. Bring more food then you think you’ll eat just in case your plans change and you’re gone longer then you expected. Start your meals with a green salad. Hang in there. :)
Letha
Letha

Postby Mommylut » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 am

The fact that I am working today when others are home might have something to do with the fact that I can't be that good to myself. I did, however, stay over my daughter's house last night and got to cuddle with my granddaughter. That's about as yummy as you can get!
Mommylut

Postby auntemmy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 am

Good Morning all!

I had a rough weekend..had the devil on my shoulder telling me to give it up. Well I won. I'm still here and still working the plan. Thanks to all who offered their support, either by writing to me, or just having me in their thoughts. I'm on plan and planning to stay that way.

I'm making a pot of rice this morning, for later. I'll have oatmeal and applesauce for breakfast again, and make a pot of chili in the crockpot before work for tonights dinner.
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Postby mairead11 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 am

Hi all. Sorry I've been a bit quiet on the board lately. Had quite the crazy week: one funeral—uncle of a friend, and a cat in surgery. Had planned on going out to a lovely vegan restaurant for a slap-up brunch [off plan]. This was going to be one of my few "treat" days in the year, but as the funeral was at the same time as our reservation, we had to cancel the reservation. From the funeral, we went to pick up the cat from the hospital, so of course there was no way we could go out for dinner, with a sick kitty at home.

We decided to have fun making sushi instead. It's not completely MWL, as I used up the last of the white sushi rice I had, and one of the fillings contained some repurposed homemade "okara meatballs" from the freezer. Other than that, they were golden. Here's a pic of the Valentine's Sushi—sorry the pic isn't great, but I only had my camera phone available.

Turned out I had a much better MWL day than I would've had if I went with my original plans. However, I did have quite a bit of soy sauce, so it will take a few days for the bloated effects of that go down! I am very glad to have a few days to recover before weigh-in!!
mairead11

Postby wendysmiling » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:51 pm

That sushi looks so good. Great job! My rice is always too sticky and mt nori too dry. <sigh>.
WendySmiling :-)
Dec 2000 - 250
Dec 2004 - 125
Dec 2009 - 200 (cortisone therapy)
Dec 2010 - 165
MAY 2011 - 150
May 2012 - 150
11/18/12 - 160 - Goal 120
45-41-42-36
wendysmiling

Postby wendysmiling » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. My day was slimfast and broth w/ a bit of potato flakes. Not McD for any newbies reading this, but I need to get my bearing on consuming liquids only the best I can, and meld into McD liquids. Going liquid is a mental battle as much as physical. :(
WendySmiling :-)
Dec 2000 - 250
Dec 2004 - 125
Dec 2009 - 200 (cortisone therapy)
Dec 2010 - 165
MAY 2011 - 150
May 2012 - 150
11/18/12 - 160 - Goal 120
45-41-42-36
wendysmiling

Postby Letha » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 am

Aunt Emmy, I’m so glad you’re sticking with us. Crockpot Chili and Rice sounds like a most excellent plan.

Mairead11, That Valentine’s Sushi was beautiful. I’ve never actually eaten sushi myself but it sure is pretty.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’ve got CNN on TV while I type and it appears they are on the verge of a cure for the common cold with the help of genome mapping. It’s a brave new world my friends. I want the pill that allows me to eat anything I want and still lose weight. :-D

Anyway, I’m spending some time in the kitchen. Potato Carrot soup for lunch and Acorn Squash with Rice Pilaf for dinner. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
Letha

Postby LauraA » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 am

Good morning all - that sushi really did look great! I'm impressed. I'm not sure how this week is going. The good news is: I'm now exercising 6 times per week, and I feel great. The bad news? I'm not sure if it is bad news, but I'm eating a good bit more. We'll see! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program