I need to lose about 15 lbs

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I need to lose about 15 lbs

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

I would have thought that more fruit would have went in. Some that I see being made is a lot more fruit than that. When it's whirled around it does take up less room in the stomach and also has less fiber since it's processed.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby happygirl3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 pm

I've seen advertisements etc. where there is much more fruit added, but I guess since I add both water and ice, mine always makes at least one big cup, sometimes one and a half so it's plenty for me.

When I make smoothies for the family I add more, plus low sugar yogurt and almond milk since they aren't vegan. It makes several servings but is much too sweet for my taste. They really enjoy it though.
happygirl3

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 am

yeah, think of the infomercials and all. They add all kinds of stuff.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby kittyadventures » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I think the difference is in if you run it through a juicer or throw it into the blender!

I do the blender and I get all the fiber plus the juice and I add water too and ice sometimes too

so you do use only about 1 serving of fruit that way or at least I do.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby happygirl3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 am

Carroll, that is interesting. I think each body is a bit different so what works for one person may not for another. For me, a smoothie fills me up for several hours without making me feel sluggish. I'm sure you could add all kinds of things to a smoothie to make it unhealthy, but I think mine are pretty good.

And yes, I also make lunch smoothies sometimes. Today I'm planning to try a squash and carrot soup. I figured I could add a green salad and some grains to my lunch as well.
happygirl3

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program