mary's mini with potatoes followers -how are you doing?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Bambie113 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am

I started last Friday and had a hard time wanting to eat dinner over the whole weekend and wound up forcing myself to eat the wrong foods just to eat.. I did great with Breakfast/Lunch each day but then I either didn't eat dinner and ended the day with like 800calories when I went to bed or ate an oily dinner.. (no animal products though)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

want to do MM

Postby heidifawn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm wanting to do Mary's Mini at least for one 10 day period. I'm wondering...

is this an ongoing discussion or did you all have an official start date and I'm too late to join you all and so have to do it by myself, sniff, haha

is it really as easy as, eat potatoes anyway you wish (no added fat of course) with a side of green or yellow veg or fruit? I feel like I'm missing something...or am I just confused by the simplicity???

For those of you who have already done MM, how much did you lose in the 10 days? I know everyone is different and so on but I'm curious if the loss is significant?? or is the main benefit a resetting of the appetite? or both so over the long run weight loss is even greater or faster or whatever.

Thanks!
~hf
heidifawn

re: Mary's Mini

Postby janluvs2heel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 am

Hi heidifawn,

Yes, it is very simple. That is the intention. For me, it takes away all my cravings, hunger, etc. But it is a little boring as well so most dont use it for more than 7-10 days.

For some it is a jumpstart into MWL. I have done it twice, the 1st time, I lost 7 lbs total in about a week. Then I did this last one as well. This last time I lost 4 lbs. in 9 days. Now I am back on MWL.

If you want to start another MM group, I would suggest posting it as a separate topic, say your starting date & see who joins in.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby LauraA » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 am

Hi - also, all Mary's Mini folks are welcome at our monthly MWL group. We weigh in once a week, so that and the support are helpful to many of us. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby eaufraiche703 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:39 pm

this little group is doing so well - look at some of the challenges you've faced and you're all still basically hanging in there! good job!

the one starch idea was to make life easier, yes, but also so that we'd not spend too much time pondering the options for meals.

hmmmmmmmm... what do i feel like eating for lunch? oh, yeah, a potato!

hmmmmm.... what's for dinner? easy! it's a spud.

guessing the theory was that after being on MM for a few days the "food as entertainment" component of mealplanning would dissipate and one would only eat if one were hungry and would stop eating when reasonably full!

fully intend to join in w/ you any day now.... adjusting to a random puppy purchase and need some stability in the ol' routine before starting a new MM!

spud on - you're doing great!

polly
eaufraiche703

Postby sherahtaylor » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm starting Mary's Mini today!! I'm excited about losing 6lbs which would put me at 139 - I haven't seen the 130's in a year. Just had baby #7 2 months ago, so I'm looking forward to getting down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 127.

If there is a newer Mary's Mini thread somewhere let me know - I plan to weigh in every night with my weight and what I had to eat that day. I AM a person who gets bored with food very easily but I'm hoping to remedy that by varying the toppings on my potatoes and getting creative with the veggies. The only thing I'm changing is oatmeal in the morning with almond milk & blueberries. I crave is SO much all day long, that I am going to allow myself this one treat in the morning (although totally MWL legal, it's not quite up to parr with MM).
sherahtaylor

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program