How late do you eat?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

How late do you eat?

Postby Tina » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi All~

I'm wondering if anyone here tries not to eat after a certain time in the evening, and if so whether that's been a successful weight-loss strategy. Or do you just eat whenever you want as long as it's MWL-approved?

I know some nutritionists suggest not eating within 3 hours of bedtime, since a lot of people tend to make poorer nutritional choices later in the evening. I'm still waiting for my copy of MWL to arrive, so I don't know if Dr. McD has an opinion on this or not.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Tina
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." Albert Einstein
Tina

Postby toadfood » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I don't worry about it.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Letha. » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:16 pm

toadfood wrote:I don't worry about it.

Me either. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby Talyae » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 pm

I don't worry about it but I do have a personal cut off point for the evenings. It happens to be 8pm and I use that number so that when my blood testing time comes around (every three months at the moment), I don't have to think about making sure I have fasted for the right number of hours needed for the test. But once I don't have to do these tests (read I will no longer need the meds!), then I reckon I won't care.

Now all that being said, if I am truly hungry (not just kinda sort peckish) then I will eat something as going to bed when the tummy is rumbling that much is no fun!
Talyae

Postby kimba » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 pm

I eat when Im hungry. However, I have found if I dont eat past say 7 in the evening, I lost more.
kimba

Postby Daffodil » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I try and not eat after 9p.m. Sometimes 9:30p.m. I get to sleep quite late sometimes, so by then my stomach is growling. I always ignore it, and just go to sleep. If I do give in and eat something, then I am up for hours afterwards.
I always lose more weight for the week and sleep better by ignoring the growling monster within. ;)
Daffodil

I

Postby MadcityVegan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Don't worry about that either. Just eat when you are hungry and you'll do fine.
MadcityVegan

reflux

Postby Riva » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 am

I do worry about it for reflux. So I try not to eat for 3 hours before bed. But like tonight I woke up worrying about something and I am starving so I made some oatmeal and now I need to go get a tum. sigh...
Riva
Riva

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am

I can't be hungry when I go to bed, nor can I sleep if I'm too full. so if I need something I eat, so I feel just right.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby gizmotcbc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 pm

I do my best not to eat after 6pm. If I need to snack Ill have a 100c popcorn pack.
gizmotcbc

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program