TOPS?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

TOPS?

Postby MaryW » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I've been thinking lately that I need some more support in my weight loss efforts. The boards here are great, but I think I'd like some face-to-face time with fellow dieters. I don't think I would feel comfortable at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. I don't want to join Weight Watchers because I would feel like they would pressure me to follow their plan. I've been thinking about TOPS. My mom and I joined TOPS when I was a teenager. From what I remember, you can follow any plan you like. The group is there mostly for moral support. Also, it's very inexpensive. But this was almost 20 years ago. Has anyone been in TOPS recently? Any other ideas?
MaryW

Postby grangran7 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 am

We still have TOPS groups here in east central Illinois but I've never joined one. There are several work groups now that are starting their own Biggest Loser groups since the new Biggest Loser season just started. Each one can choose whatever program they want to follow and they weigh in once a week. I don't know what your situation is or where you're located, but that might be an option for you too. The only drawback would be actual support unless there's another person following McD. You would though get lots of support from here. Hope you find something that works for you, MaryW. Let us know what you find. It might be something that we can use too. Good luck! Shirley
grangran7

Postby larnell » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 pm

I was in TOPS many years ago. I lost down to goal then. I was the leared for 2 years and that helped a whole lot. I felt if I didn't lose I was letting everyone down including my self. In the last few years I have gained quite a bit back. Maybe that is the jump start I need. Hope you find what works for you.
larnell

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program