McDougall's news letter

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: McDougall's news letter

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am

Of all people, you shouldn't have to be on here defending yourself, Dr. McD! You guys all look GREAT. PERIOD!!!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby moonwatcher » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks, Dr. McDougall, to you (and Mary) for your good work (which has turned my life around), your great sense of humor about yourself, and sharing your beautiful healthy family here with us in these photos.

in gratitude and appreciation and delight,

moonwatcher
Please join me at my new blog Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle

http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby Starchyme » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Not only do they look fabulous, but most importantly they also enjoy optimal health from being "McDougaller's." :lol:
Last edited by Starchyme on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby catlcp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks for all you & Mary do, Dr. McDougall. I have printed the picture and put it on my fridge for inspiration. Hope you don't mind.
catlcp

Postby napagirl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I keep wondering if by posting on this thread, we're feeding a troll. Not the maker of the thread but the first post to it.
Anyway, it gives us the opportunity to thank Dr. McD and Mary again for all they continue to do for us. They changed my husband and my life and I appreciate them every day.
Keep posting pictures Dr. McDougall! You look fantastic and we love seeing you and your beautiful family.
napagirl

Postby marakima » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm

My post (first reply to the original poster) did reflect an immediate reaction to the newsletter photo, and I feel that it's ok to be open about things like this regardless of the name of the forum, particularly when the site itself calls out other diet promoters on being visually less than ideal (i.e., the fat/lean youtube link). I don't consider that trolling, but now see that others might -- I am more inclined to debate and argument rather than unchallenged support, but in any case am grateful for the work of Dr. McDougall.
marakima

Postby Lynn M » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:35 pm

When I first read GG's post I thought it was referring to last month's newsletter, you the know the one that discussed the President:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2012nl/nov/121100.pdf

Maybe I am wrong.

I thought the oil reference meant that the oil was getting to his brain and therefore Dr McD was not thinking properly.

I thought the same thing.
Dr McDougall and family all look terrific!

Marakima, perhaps you could sport a Starchivore tee and and post a pic to show us all how we should look?
Lynn M

Postby jay kaye » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Dr McDougall, You look so much better since you got rid of the Parrot.

Best Wishes for New Year

j
jay kaye

Postby AnnGriff » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Lynn M wrote: Marakima, perhaps you could sport a Starchivore tee and and post a pic to show us all how we should look?

My thoughts exactly!!!
Andrea
AnnGriff

Postby Golden Ghost » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:16 am

My reference was not to the current newsletter. I’m not sure when the new one came out. The one I read last week referred to the President, AKA Government, trying to upgrade our food choices. I can’t seem to find that one right now due to a computer glitch.
A lot of reasons our country eats so bad now is because of the Government subsidies. High fructose corn syrup is in everything because it’s subsidized, same with meat etc. Again, do we want the President setting our food standards?
My oil eating remark was a joking way of saying I think the Dr. is way off on that news letter. I agree with him 99% of the time and would never attack his looks, not that there is anything to attack.

After reading the current newsletter and seeing the picture I can see the reason for the confusion. I appreciate Dr. McDougall and his plan got me on track. Eleven years ago I went mountain biking and could not get around a three mile track without stopping ten times. I came home and decided to change my life style.
Dr. McDougall was the first book I came across and I lost thirty pounds the first year and twenty more the next.
I now windsurf, run, bike, swim, do triathlons and have continued to keep the weight off. I follow the plan about 80% but I think it the best way to eat and if I were going to go 100% this plan would be it.
No disrespect to the Dr.
Golden Ghost

Postby vgpedlr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 am

jay kaye wrote:Dr McDougall, You look so much better since you got rid of the Parrot.

Best Wishes for New Year

j

What did the poor parrot do?
vgpedlr

Postby vgpedlr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 am

jay kaye wrote:Dr McDougall, You look so much better since you got rid of the Parrot.

Best Wishes for New Year

j

vgpedlr

Postby jay kaye » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 pm

vgpedlr wrote:

Best Wishes for New Year

j

Unless I don't remember the story correctly: The parrot ate nuts.

j
jay kaye

Postby bluefizzure » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Dr McDougall, thank you so much for saving my life. I was on the doomed path of my mother, and her mother as well, if I continued to eat all the meat and fat they did. I am forever grateful.

And you both look incredible!!!! :-D
bluefizzure

Postby Vegan Hunter » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello from Gawja! The good Doc has already received so much praise, but I'll add mine as well. I am so thankful I have a friend that turned me on to this Starchivore lifestyle. I feel I have done the one thing to give myself the best chance at a healthy long life. I have absorbed every article, video, and movie I can, and I must say Dr. Mcdougall tops the list as my favorite, with Dr. Esselstyn coming in second! I have been following this WOE for 2 years and don't plan on going back. Thank you Dr. Mcdougall!!!
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those that are good at math, and those that aren't.
Vegan Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge