Has this WOE improved your mood/concentration/energy?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Has this WOE improved your mood/concentration/energy?

Postby Love » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:11 am

I came here via a sloppy raw diet (don't ask!) but one thing about the raw food diet, it was miraculous for my mood and mental clarity. I guess I have some fears about the mental fog I used to suffer from. I know I need to avoid processed food and gluten, but I'm really curious how your diet has impacted your mood and mental clarity. thanks!
Love

Re: Has this WOE improved your mood/concentration/energy?

Postby Norm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Mood and mental clarity are both improved. There were no overnight changes, but slow changes I've noticed over time.

-Norm
Norm

Postby ParsleyPatch » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Mood, mental clarity, and energy level have been through the roof for me. Lost 30 lbs. last year with ease, with attendant drop in blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. Still eat that way only more, to not lose more weight. Finally look good in my (small size) clothes again. Best thing I've ever done. :nod:
One who is forever grateful to Dr. McDougall for showing me the way to optimal health!
ParsleyPatch

Postby giddyupgin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:45 pm

A huge improvement even at my age of 60...much calmer with my thoughts too...don't suffer from anxiety I just find a calmer more inner peace...not to mention the clarity and improved energy...
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby Love » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm

ParsleyPatch wrote:Mood, mental clarity, and energy level have been through the roof for me. Lost 30 lbs. last year with ease, with attendant drop in blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. Still eat that way only more, to not lose more weight. Finally look good in my (small size) clothes again.

Best thing I've ever done. :nod:

That's what I like to hear!
Love

Postby Love » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

giddyupgin wrote:A huge improvement even at my age of 60...much calmer with my thoughts too...don't suffer from anxiety I just find a calmer more inner peace...not to mention the clarity and improved energy...

Yeah, I'm getting good results in this department, I'm very grateful.
Love

Postby stoumi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am

I have definitely seen an increase in energy since changing to this way of eating in October, 2011. I don't feel like I need to sleep more than 4-5 hours a night, even though I roll into bed early (8pm) in order to get up by 4am. I feel completely refreshed when I get out of bed
stoumi

Return to The Lounge