Next 2 Videos in 2012?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Next 2 Videos in 2012?

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 am

I remember earlier this year you said you were working on 2 more videos to come out before the end of the year, the shopping one and the third in the Fast Food series.

How're they going? Have any release dates yet?
VeggieSue

Re: Next 2 Videos in 2012?

Postby JeffN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 am

We are in the finally stages of putting out Fast Food 3: Shopping School, which we hope to have out by the end of the month. We are looking to promo it next weekend at the Healthy Lifestyle Expo.

Fast Food 3: Shopping School is a 3 hour educational experience that takes place on a walk through a health food/grocery store where we go up and down every aisle, looking at every product category and many specific products, applying the label reading guidelines to help you understand which are the best products and why.

Included will be a review of the label reading guidelines, my 10 recommended packaged products and a shopping list of the recommended products we found.

Fast Food 4: Beyond The Basics will be next and hopefully done by the end of the year. It is about a dozen more recipes from around the world using the basic template including many without tomatoes and with using many other varieties of whole grains, beans, etc.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes out for them. I need *something* to ask Santa for, after all. :lol:
VeggieSue

Postby Grammy Ginger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I can't wait! I recommend your videos as a cooking curriculum to my teachers and on my blog. So far there has been some good feedback. Keep them coming; they make this lifestyle easy stuff.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Dechen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Are your dvds also available for Region 2 (UK)?
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby JeffN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Dechen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 pm

JeffN wrote:Yes

In Health
Jeff

Do I have to state what region when I order or is a region 2 sent automatically?
:duh: Sorry for being a pain but I have never ordered a dvd from the US before. :duh:
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby JeffN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 pm

No.

They are all formatted for international play

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby MtnMike » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 am

Jeff,

I have three videos and have given many away to friends and family. My favorite is Burgers.

Suggestion, request - please add more recipe QUANTITY specifics in the next beyond the basics video. For newbies, that are recipe followers, having a starting point, reference for the spices (curry, etc.) would be nice.

I understand and liked the story of you getting a cookbook with no quantities listed, in culinary arts school. I have taken many cooking classes, but think of myself as more of a baker than a chef/cook.

I would especially like the quantity listed in the printed attached recipes.

If you have posted more specifics on spices in "The Basics" recipes, I would appreciate knowing where I could find them.

Keep on truckin'.

Mike
MtnMike

Postby JeffN » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the DVDs and I appreciate the feedback.

The specific quantities for every recipe is listed on the PDF that comes with the DVD, except for the spices, which I leave to the individual to adjust to their taste. Most all recipes call for just one spice, a no salt added spice mixture that is relevant to the dish (ie, Italian mix for an Italian dish).

All recipes follow the template of the basic recipe, which is

- 28 oz No Salt Added Tomatoes
- 14 oz Can No Salt Added Beans
- 16 oz Bag Frozen vegetables.
- 4 oz Frozen Greens
- 1.5 -2 Cups Cooked Starch
- ~1 TB - No Salt Added Spice mixture.

As you know, the burger recipes follows a similar template with specific amounts for everyone other than the spice, which I leave out for specific reasons, as mentioned in the DVD. More important that my experience with Escofiers cookbook, I have never weighed or measured any of the food (outside of the above listed measures) and I really encourage people to use the pre-made spice mixtures in the quantity they personally prefer to their personal tastes.

If people want more than this, then I encourage people to share some of their own variations, some of which, you can see happens in these forums.

You can also find some examples here of the recipes

A Simple Nutritious & Affordable Plan (SNAP)
viewtopic.php?t=10519

Quick Recipes (With Pictures)
viewtopic.php?t=7168

And here (In the photo albums where you see food pictures)

https://www.facebook.com/JeffNovickRD/p ... ums?ref=hl

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Enjoy!

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

JeffN wrote:Fast Food 4: Beyond The Basics will be next and hopefully done by the end of the year. It is about a dozen more recipes from around the world using the basic template including many without tomatoes and with using many other varieties of whole grains, beans, etc.

Now that many of us have Fast Food 3 memorized, how is this one doing? Is it still on track to come out before the end of the year of pushed back so we have something to look forward to during the dreary winter months?
VeggieSue

Postby JeffN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 pm

VeggieSue wrote:
JeffN wrote:Fast Food 4: Beyond The Basics will be next and hopefully done by the end of the year. It is about a dozen more recipes from around the world using the basic template including many without tomatoes and with using many other varieties of whole grains, beans, etc.

Now that many of us have Fast Food 3 memorized, how is this one doing? Is it still on track to come out before the end of the year of pushed back so we have something to look forward to during the dreary winter months?

It is looking like early 2013

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD