Dr. Esselstyn's Seminar DVD

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dr. Esselstyn's Seminar DVD

Postby nelliec » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I'd like to highly recommend this DVD to all who may not be aware of it. It is a two-disc set, which is described as the "full counseling seminar" that he uses with his patients.

Disc 1 covers (1) History of blood vessel disease: who gets it and why and (2) Proof of concept: clinical proof of arrest & reversal. After seeing and hearing of the studies in the second part, I can't imagine why anyone would want to continue eating *anything* off plan for even one second more. It's really true that moderation kills.

Disc 2 covers (1) Eating Plant Perfect: What to eat, how to shop, how to cook, with Ann Esselstyn and (2) Taking control of your health destiny.

This set is a little pricey (about $55, shipping included), but since I can't afford a trip to Dr. McDougall's programs, I figured this was the cheapest way to have all these wonderful truths pounded home as I watch it over and over. I have several of the McDougall DVDs and Jeff Novick's DVDs, as well as the books, and all of this is a continual reinforcement reminding me why I am doing what I'm doing and why it is so worth it and why going against the rest of society in order to eat this way will reward me as I avoid all the horrendous chronic diseases of our rich way of eating. I am 74 yrs. old, and I hope to be around as many more years as possible, and able to fully enjoy those years outside a nursing home and on my own two feet.

Believe me, this is worth every cent I paid for it!

NellieC
nelliec

Re: Dr. Esselstyn's Seminar DVD

Postby Pieface12 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you for your review of this DVD set. I have been looking at it since it came out. I was hesitant because of the price. Now I purchase. It can be hard if you are doing this alone with no support.
Pieface12

Postby patty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:36 pm

I too have Dr. Esselstyn's Counseling Seminar dvd and agree that it is excellent. It is well worth the cost:) Dr. McDougall has some excellent electures that can be downloaded for 1.00.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby vgpedlr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 am

What DVD? I have never heard of it. Where is it available?
vgpedlr

Postby nelliec » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

vgpedlr wrote:What DVD? I have never heard of it. Where is it available?

It's available from Dr. Esselstyn's web site, http://www.heartattackproof.com, as well as from http://www.Amazon.com. Maybe Vegsource also has it? Not sure.....

NellieC
nelliec

Postby rickfm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:14 am

That's very expensive. Especially if the two critiques at amazon are correct about the production quality.

That was something that bothered me about Jeff's Fast Food DVD... amateur production. Poor sound quality, distractions in the background, etc. Great information, don't get me wrong, but for the price... could have been much more polished.

No disrespect intended, but if you're going to sell a video product, that you want to have an impact on the general public, and charge a professional price for it, at least find a competent production crew to do the job.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby nelliec » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 pm

rickfm wrote:That's very expensive. Especially if the two critiques at amazon are correct about the production quality.

That was something that bothered me about Jeff's Fast Food DVD... amateur production. Poor sound quality, distractions in the background, etc. Great information, don't get me wrong, but for the price... could have been much more polished.

No disrespect intended, but if you're going to sell a video product, that you want to have an impact on the general public, and charge a professional price for it, at least find a competent production crew to do the job.

Rick,

Honestly, I didn't even look at the two critiques on Amazon before I ordered, and I guess I'm glad that I didn't! If I had failed to order this DVD because of these two negative critiques, I would have been cheated out of this wonderful information. First of all, after seeing the DVD, I don't even completely agree with the critiques (except the positive ones), and for the difference this information will have in my life, it's well worth every penny I spent, professional or not. I'll be watching this DVD over and over in the days ahead, just like I do everything else I have - as well as re-reading the book. There is information in the DVD that was not contained in the book.

NellieC
nelliec

Postby rickfm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 pm

That's good to hear, Nellie. I guess we are talking about life saving information, after all. I don't have heart disease to deal with so maybe I'm not as sensitive to the nature of the title of that DVD set.

Sorry if I sounded petty, but I weigh my purchases carefully and often rely on buyer reviews.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby carollynne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 pm

I bought this set from vegsource when it was first available, while back. It is excellent, and I was glued to it several times. It has more material presented it than his book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and Iwas very happy that I did buy it.

did not notice anything wrong with the sound, and I just enjoyed the lectures.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby IndyAnna » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 pm

rickfm wrote:That's good to hear, Nellie. I guess we are talking about life saving information, after all. I don't have heart disease to deal with so maybe I'm not as sensitive to the nature of the title of that DVD set.

Sorry if I sounded petty, but I weigh my purchases carefully and often rely on buyer reviews.

I read reviews too, but at the same time I also consider that most people who are happy with a purchase don't write a review. But people that have complaints almost always give their opinion.
IndyAnna

Return to The Lounge